Our CSR Vision
Through sustainable measures, actively contribute to the Social, Economic and Environmental Development of the community in which we operate ensuring participation from the community and thereby create value for the nation.
- Ensuring socio-economic development of the community through different participatory and need- based initiatives in the best interest of the poor and deprived sections of the society so as to help them to become SELF-RELIANT and build a better tomorrow for themselves.
- Ensuring environmental sustainability through ecological conservation and regeneration, protection & re growth of endangered plant species, and promoting biodiversity.
The CSR activities we pursue will be in line with our stated Vision and Mission, focused not just around our plants and offices, but also in other geographies based on the needs of the communities.
The four focus areas where special Community Development programmes would be run are:
Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition:
- Provision of food, nutrition supplement, clothes etc for the poor, children and other deprived sections of the society.
- Supporting nutrition in anganwadi centres and building capacities of anganwadi workers to this effect.
- Provision of shelter for homeless.
- Promoting sanitation, making available safe drinking water
Ensuring environmental sustainability and ecological balance through :
- Plantation drives in schools, villages, our manufacturing units & offices/business premises and other areas in general;
- Reviving endangered plants, promoting agro-forestry;
- Protection of flora & fauna;
- conservation of natural resources
- Maintaining quality of soil, air & water
- Adoption of wastelands to cultivate plants;
- Promoting biodiversity;
- Animal welfare and veterinary services.
- Technical support and Knowhow for improving farming and building capacities of small farmers.
- Promoting alternate energy resources.
In addition, the Company has identified the following areas for Community Development interventions:
Promotion of education especially among children, women, elderly and the differently abled including
- Non-formal education programmes.
- Supporting schools with infrastructure like benches, toilets, potable water, fans etc.
- Supporting other educational institutions.
- Improving educational facilities in general.
- Supporting children for higher education.
- Contribution or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government.
- Promotion of Sports with special focus on training for rural sports, nationally recognised sports, Paralympic sports, Olympic sports.
- Welfare for differently disabled persons
- Setting up public libraries
- Reducing inequalities faced by the socially and economically backward groups
- rotection of national heritage, art, culture and handicraft; Restoration of Buildings & sites of historical importance & works of art.
- Welfare of armed forces personnel, war widows and their dependants
- Employing people and incurring other costs to carry out aforesaid activities.
- Such other activities as the Board may consider to be appropriate.
Our Approach to Implementation
We will strive to implement the aforesaid CSR activities on our own to the extent possible.
The corpus for carrying on the aforesaid activities would include the budget as sanctioned per year by majority in the Board Members AGM.
The CSR department including the HR Department will provide regular progress report to the CSR Committee of the Board. This report would indicate:
- Achievement since last progress report / during the last quarter in terms of coverage compared to the target and reasons for variance.
- Achievement of the year-to-date in terms of coverage compared to the target, plans to overcome shortfalls if any and support required from the CSR Committee/Board to overcome the shortfalls.
- Actual year-to-date spends compared to the budget and reasons for variance.
- In respect of activities undertaken through outside Trust/Society/NGO's etc. there will be mechanism of monthly reporting of progress on each such activities and the amount incurred thereon.
The Board shall seek a short progress report from the CSR Committee on a Bi - Yearly basis.